Why is Tiger Woods back on top of the Race for the FedExCup? Answer: He works on every aspect that will make him successful: Strategically, Physically and Mentally.
If you are weak in one of these areas you will never reach your goals to improve in this wonderful game. Why frustrate yourself? Take inventory of what you are missing and make it happen. The following points recognize the value of the mental game, core strength, flexibility and balance that you can gain from Yoga (CLICK reference for the full article: Yoga for Golfers) .
YES, IT CAN HAVE A HUGE IMPACT ON YOU GAME!
- Perhaps no game is more wrought with mental hazards than golf. The sport introduces a constant struggle between the conscious mind — analyzing, alert, logical — and the subconscious mind — the well of intuition and long-term memory.
- This clash between subconscious and conscious mind presents an opportunity for the awakened athlete to override the mental strife created by the over analyzing conscious mind and reach toward the wakeful, clear mind state accessible through the intuitive subconscious.
- By incorporating elements of yoga practice, you can develop the mental discipline that golf demands.
- All the instruction in the world won’t help you if you allow stress to seep into your game.
- “in the zone“—a state athletes reach where thought is suspended and focus & concentration are heightened. Many golfers invariably bring in the element of performance pressure and wham!—the zone disappears.
- Avoid negative self-talk: In his book, Training a Tiger: A Father’s Guide to Raising a Winner in Golf and Life (HarperCollins, 1998), Earl Woods, reminds his son, “If you don’t clutter your conscious mind with endless pointers and tips, you make it easier for your subconscious instincts to guide you.”
- Striving toward symmetry and balance is the essence of a yoga program, which breaks down tension the body has learned to work around. It is an intuitive process that takes practice to develop, much like a good golf game.
- A balanced body is a flexible body, and flexibility remains the cornerstone of a good golf game. As Earl Woods tells his son, “What you’re looking for is a soft, flexible, fluid swing—that’s power.”
Practice with GOFLSTR+ to ingrain success in your mind. Relax and allow muscle memory and your subconscious mind to give you the confidence to improve every swing in your game.
CLICK FOR: 5 Training Aids in 1 wonderful device!
Watch for next weeks Swing Tip: GET A GREAT GRIP AND ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS